



## ***MVASC MINUTES, December 8th, 2024.***

### **MVFH Twin Falls, ID. 83301**

Opened at 10 a.m. with Service prayer by Phil G (chair) .There were 5 groups represented.

**12 Traditions:** Shane C

**12 Concepts:** Brad H

**Reading/ Acceptance of Minutes:** Felix M motioned, Barbra G second

### **Officer Reports:**

**Chair:** Phil G (present) No report

**Vice-Chair:** Bayley B (present) No report

**Recording Secretary:** Vacant. Cat R (interim, present)

**Treasurer:** Brad H (present) Report:

### **MVANA Treasurer's Report 12/8/24**

#### **Beginning Balances**

<b>Checking</b>	<b>Activities</b>	<b>Literature</b>
\$4815.81	\$600.78	\$131.94

#### **ASC Checking**

<b>Income</b>	<b>Outgoing</b>	<b>Balance</b>
	\$ 5 Lit account service fee	
	\$ 32 Glacier Storage	
	\$ 66.56 Return to RSC #1574	

	<b>Total Outgoing: \$103.56</b>	<b>\$4712.25</b>
	<b>Ending Balances</b>	
	<b>Checking</b>	<b>Activities Literature</b>
<b>Total:</b>	\$4712.25	\$600.78 \$131.94

**Prudent reserve:** \$600

**SIRCNA 2026 Seed Money:** \$3000

**Total Available ASC Checking:** \$1112.25

“These balances reflect our current checking account balance with check #1574 still pending to hit. the account. I didn’t include it in the last report but here it is. There was no mail in the PO box. My goal will be to have my report written and turned in before area moving forward. Any transactions (income or outgoing monies) from this point forward will be reflected in the January treasurer’s report (and so on for each month). This way I won’t have the last report turned in and no one is waiting on me. Last month we were charged \$52 for the storage unit. I am assuming it was due to a late fee of \$20 since we were charged \$32 this month. With me taking over as treasurer I was late getting it paid. I will do better moving forward. It is now set up for auto draft to deduct on the bill’s due date so hopefully we will avoid any further late fees. I think that the bill is being sent to Doug currently, maybe we should change the mailing address to the PO box. Just a suggestion and I can work to make that happen if that is what this group wants. I think that is all for now. Thank you for letting me be of Service.”

**RCM:** vacant

**RCM Alt:** Vacant

**Recognition of New Groups:** Living Clean (book study), Wednesday 7pm to 8pm, 425 2nd Ave N, Twinfalls ID.

### **Group Service Reports:**

**Cast Iron Serenity:** GSR:Felix M, Alt GSR:Julio C, Treasure:Rocky R, Key Tags Given: 1-90 days, Avg Attendance:6, Area Donation: 20.00\$ , Prudent Reserve:0

**Huggie Bears:** GSR:Doug G, ALT GSR:Barbra G, Secretary:Rod K, Treasure:Barbra G. Key Tags Given: 2-Newcomer. Avg 7th Tradition:10.25\$, Avg Attendance:9, Area Donation:1.00\$. Announcements: “after paying rent we are donating one dollar to area,

Also HB will be moving to thursday nights but in the same place (the senior center) @7pm after the 1st of the year”

**Insanity to Serenity:** (absent)

**Fire Up the Solution:** GSR:James, Secretary:Sam J, Treasure:Shane C. Key Tags Given: 9-Newcomer,. Avg 7th Tradition:17.00\$, Avg Attendance:14, Prudent Reserve:0.00. Announcements: “Moving back outside at original location,Looking for patio heaters,Link to facebook page coming soon for updates”

**Tuesday Solutions:** GSR:Phil G, Treasure:Brad H.

**New Perspectives:** GSR:Cat R,Treasure:Bayley B. Key Tags Given: 3-Newcomer, 1-90 days, 1-6 months, 1-1 year, 1-Multi years. Avg 7th Tradition:21.00\$, Avg Attendance:17, Area Donation:0.00\$.

### **Subcommittee Reports:**

**Literature:** Vacant. Bayley B (interim) Report “Sold 50\$ worth of literature, waiting to get more info with scott, need to be added to bank account. Will be figuring out sales tax for next Area meeting”

Cat will be making a inventory of literature in area available for use.

**Activities:** Vacant. Shane C (interim) Verbal Report “slow on subcommittee, waiting on dates from Magic Valley Fellowship Hall manager for planning holiday activity.

**Outreach:**.Ted B (present) Verbal Report

**PR:** Vacant

**Website:**Phil- Bill has been turned into treasure,updating meetings on website

**Phoneline:** Barbra G- Still going strong, hard to answer during her work hours might need to pass the phone. The phone bill is tied to the PI account.

### **Sharing Session**

**7th Tradition:** \$

**Break**

**Old Business:**

#### **A. Area inventory**

Shane C:Flyer is done and ready to be dispersed, any suggestions? the baseline will be done on January 1st.

Bayley B: Maybe a suggestion box at the bottom? Maybe add the logo?

Shane C: gotta figure out how to add logo and i will add the suggestion box.

## **B. Public information**

Phil G: phoneline help flyer will be done by next area

Cat will be making an inventory of PI racks around our area, then adding into secretary binder.

## **New Business:**

### **A. SIRCNA 2026**

Phil G: Will have decision on chair in January

### **B. Reigon**

Phil G: We will need a Reigon Representative for January and Areas job is to fill these vacant positions, do we have any volunteers?

Barbra: we will also need an expense for reps travel

Brad: 500 will leave us little for reigon expenses and for donation

Ted B: I volunteer, and i will take Shane with me, we will pay our own expenses

Rod K: i will also be going via zoom

Area voted and all was in agreeance to have Ted B and Shane C go and represent our Area.

Ask groups to donate 100\$ to reigon

### **C. Literature purchase**

Bayley B: Could we donate books to the Jail?

Phil G: We could buy some basic texts and some JFTs to donate, We could also buy some books from NA Bookies group located in Utah, They sell a 124 count of the basic text without the stories for 187\$. They are Certified but they are not sold by NAWS. We could also buy 10 JFTs from NAWS for 126\$, this would be something we need to take back to the groups.

Rod K: I dont agree from buying from a group instead of NAWS

Bayley B: This is a cheaper way to spread our message with more coverage, this doesnt mean we dont support NAWS

Cat R: This descison will be made by the groups, dont forget our opinions will be heard at group level.

Brad: If we did buy the books we would be left with 500 dollars.

**Motions:**

Motion made by Shane C, Second by Cat R. Group of Motion is Area. Motion reads "To buy 124 count of Basic Text without the stories from NA Bookies group located in Utah for 187\$ and 10 JFTs from NAWs for 126\$, adding up to 313\$" Intent of Motion is to handout to the Twin Falls County Jail.

**Nominations:**

Open Positions: Secretary, 2 RCMs, Activities, Literature, PR.

No nominations made.

**Announcements:**

Next Area Meeting is January 12th at 10am at the Magic Valley Fellowship Hall and on Zoom.

Reigon in January in Treasure Valley Area

**Closing:**

Closed at 12:23